I’m so happy we matched on one of my rare fandoms, and I hope you have a great time writing for one of them.
This is crossposted from Tumblr, where I spend all my fannish time as janoda. If you want to get to know me, that's the place to be. I'm on AO3 as Pameluke.
I’ve come up with a bunch of general prompts, more specific prompts, and if you’re of the porn persuasion, I’ve got a Yuleporn section per fandom. But seriously, these are only to give you an idea of what I like. Feel free to cut and paste between anything you find in this letter. If you get inspired by 1/3 of a prompt, go for it. If you want to combine half of a prompt with an idea of your own, or with a prompt I gave for another fandom, seriously, go for it. For me, the real gift is to see what surprise you come up with.
I love some porn with my plot and some plot with my porn. If you'd rather write gen or PWP, that's fine as well. I've divided all my prompts into narrative prompts and porn prompts, ideally you can think of it as a buffet, where you choose and pick those ingredients you like, and combine the perfect dish for you.
I tend to be wordy, so if you’re not up to that, all important information should be in the AO3 assignment. However, if you’d like to know all the gritty dirty details per fandom, onwards it is.
First things first: I’m completely caught up with all fandoms I’ve requested, so no need to avoid spoilers!
Let's start with general DNWs and squicks so we can get those out of the way.
If it happens to characters in canon, I can deal with it happening to them in fic. The same goes for violence really, I can deal with everything as long as it at the same intensity level of canon.
- Requested Characters Doing Non-Con/Dub-Con
- No Uncanonical Non-Con
- No Dub-Con on only one character I requested. Outside influences are great (sex-pollen, heats etc, I just prefer both characters to be under the influence together)
- No Underage
- No Violence Between Characters I’ve requested
- No Uncanonical Permanent Character Death, Canonical Character Death is okay, although I’d rather not.
- No Christmas Fic
- No Overt Religion in general, especially when there’s none in canon.
- No Incest
- No Humiliation
- No Infantilisation
- No Scat
Otherwise, I’m game. The rating can be as high or low as you want, as long as it’s consensual I’m okay with any kink, and the fouler the language the better.
GENERAL LIKES, TROPES, AND AUs
I love canon fic, case-fic, slice of life fic, expansion on worldbuilding, adventures in nature, food and cooking related fic, loyalty kink, hurt-comfort, found families, random domesticity. Cross-overs, fusions, AUs, tropetastic fic.
I love fic in which a relationship is explored, and don’t mind if that’s the main plot. I love it when characters have a support network outside of their relationship, so that happening in the background is always a plus. I can deal with angst, but I’d like to have some kind of happy resolution at the end, even if it’s Happy For Now.
I am always up for AUs, for all fandoms I’ve nominated. If any of these are your thing, feel free to run with it, or any combination of them.
- Space Pirate AU, Space Cowboy AU, ALL SPACE AUs
- Regular Pirate AU, Age of Sail AU
- Steampunk AU, Cyberpunk AU, Biopunk AU
- Temeraire AU (aka Dragonriding during Napoleonic wars
- Everybody Lives AU
- Magical Realism AU
- Superpowers / Mutant AU
- Merfolk AU
- Avatar & Benders AU
- Shapeshifter/Were-animal AU
- Time-Travel AU
- Cyborg Au, Robot AU,
For Alternate Canons, I’m very big on a lot of tropes. I love tropes. Seriously, give me all the fandom cliches, I gobble them up. I especially love inversions and subversions, or just played straight. Some of my favorites:
- Soulbonds, in all forms, with marks or no marks, with relationships between the actual bonds or out of them, telepathic powers, or only bad side-effects.
- In general, I like all sorts of universes that have a Thing that forces two people to continually be together/work together, and fic about how they manage that. (Think Sentinel/Guide fic, or The Heroes series by Moira Moore, or this Ghost Hunting AU)
- Fake relationships that turn real. In all forms. For all reasons
- Enemies to Lovers, Enemies to Friends, Friends to Lovers
- Living by the Nile, or “What feelings? Me? No Way, Good Sir, Never (I love you)”
- Elaborate Plans Gone Wrong
- Awkward Flirting
- Awkward Sex
- Competent People and the People who fall for them, all the Competence Kink, seriously
- N Times Characters Did A Thing
- Marriage/Relationship of convenience, turned REAL
- Found families,
- Interspecies Relationships
GENERAL YULEPORN KINKS
Kinks I’m into if you’re of the porn persuasion:
- Enthusiastic consent, this is my biggest kink always
- Consentacles while we’re at it
- Fantasy Sex Anatomy, in general, the weirder the better
- Seriously Xeno sex is YAY, especially if it's kind of puzzling how to make it work between two different species
- Body Worship and Body Modification, aka Tattoos, Piercings, anything
- Size kink, of everything (toys, phalli, people, etc...)
- Controlled Strength, I don't have a thing for size difference necessarily, but I do for strength difference
- Wrestling for control, aka people being evenly matched (or not quite) who like to test that
- Pegging, Sex Toys of all kinds and shapes (invented alien ones are awesome)
- Switching, can be 90/10 or 50/50, or implied, I just like it when there's variation in who does what
- Panties, people feeling sexy and desirable
- Safewords and the use of them, thorough kink negotiation
- Light BDSM: Spanking, Bondage, Rough Sex and Manhandling (by both male and female and alien characters)
- Rough sex, especially I'm so horny I'm desperate sex, hair pulling, bite and nail marks, bruising
- Cuddling, aftercare
- Joking/laughter in bed
- Trying something new for the first time, not necessarily successfully
- Sex in the outdoors, preferably in nature
- Sex-Pollen, Heats, outside dubcon influences, if an influence on BOTH partners
- Possessiveness, especially if mututal, scent marks, visible marks, claiming marks, marks only they know
- Starchy People Getting Unstarched and Rumpled
- First Times, of anything, from positions to kinks, I like people trying out things
In general, I like narrative sex and a little plot with my porn. I love character introspection, character development, and relationship development through sex. For me, sex is both about the pleasure people can derive from each other and about the emotional connection that can be made.
Everything is hotter when emotions are involved.
You can ignore everything that’s not to your liking or doesn’t inspire you. On to the fandom-specific stuff, YAY.
Only Lovers Left Alive
Eve: Tell me now about entanglement. Einstein's spooky action at a distance. Is it related to quantum theory?
Adam: Hm. No, I mean, it's not a Theory, it's proven.
Eve: How does it go again?
Adam: When you separate an entwined particle and you move both parts away from the other, even at opposite ends of the universe, if you alter or affect one, the other will be identically altered or affected.
Eve: Spooky. Even at opposite ends of the universe?
Who I requested: Adam, Eve
Preferred Relationships: Adam/Eve
What I love about the canon: I am just so completely charmed by their relationship. I found it utterly fascinating how well they knew and understood each other, how in sync they were, the weird but charming habits they had (I could watch them sleep for hours, seriously). I’m also very intrigued how their views on love and romance and relationships would change and adapt to the times. Just imagining how long they’ve loved each other gives me the fuzzy and dreamy feelings.
I also loved all their hinted at and subtle superpowers, the brilliance of Kit Marlowe, and the idea that they’ve always had to let others claim credit for the art they made.
I love how different they are, and how they appreciate those differences, how free they let each other be, and how deeply connected they still manage to be. Basically, the quote I picked? I love how absolutely about them that is.
- I am super intrigued by how long they have been together, so I’d love to see a simple slice of life somewhere in their lifetime, either in the past or in the future - vampires in space have always been a secret desire of me, how would their sun-intolerance affect them?
- I loved their relationship with Kit Marlowe, what other famous artists have they met and befriended through the years? Painters, Sculptors, Musicians, Dancers, Authors, Actors, your favorite artist. The same goes for any scientists, I loved Adams admiration for them, what scientific discovery where they most amazed by?
- I loved the picture of their wedding, a scene related to one of those could also be cool, especially when exploring why they choose to renew their vows, what it means to them, and what they vow since I imagine that those are different.
- My absolute favorite scene is the scene where they are dancing, I seriously could read a million fics that were just them dancing together, fuck, the intimacy of it all, yes.
If you’d choose to include porn in your fic, I’d be so delighted because I think sex, when you've known someone for hundreds of years, would be very special and unique.
- How does it feel when someone knows your body inside and out, especially when that body doesn’t change? How does it feel when your partner knows you so well, they can play you like a violin?
- What have they tried, do they still find new things to try, what are their favorites (I wouldn’t mind if pegging was the answer to all of these questions).
- Tantric sex, honestly their relationship feels like tantric love to me, so tantric sex really seems in character for them.
- Surprise xeno vampire sex-powers/anatomy, playing with their superhuman strength and speed, bloodplay
- Or you know, just them rediscovering each other after being apart for a long time.
The Broken Circle Breakdown
I always knew. That it was too good to be true. That it couldn't last. That life isn't like that, life isn't generous. You mustn't love someone. You mustn't become attached to someone. Life begrudges you that. It takes everything away from you and it laughs in your face. It betrays you.
Who I requested: Didier | Monroe, Elise | Alabama
Preferred Relationships: Didier/Elise
What I love about the canon: The heartbreak.
Seriously, I cried my heart out for more than half of the movie. Fuck. But I also love that while this is a movie about a relationship falling apart, it’s also incredibly romantic in the building of the relationship. It’s not because they didn’t make it in the end, that the relationship on its own wasn’t worth it.
I also love the music, the setting (very close to where I live), their old farmhouse. How fucking happy they were. I’d watch an entire tv season of them singing by the campfire, seriously.
I really, really loved how this movie dealt with both atheism and spiritualism, and did so with respect for both sides. I love how Didier is a realist but also such a fucking dreamer, and how he puts all his romance and feelings in the people around them. I love how Elise is the opposite, who puts all her (broken) dreams and the people around her on her body, how she makes them both permanent and can cover them up and move on.
All the fix-it fic, all the hurt/comfort.
Since there’s a canonical kid here, and I actually really like Maybelle, feel free to include her. References to religion that draw on canonical religious themes are OK, references to religion that don't have a clear basis in canon aren’t, please respect the character’s viewpoints on these issues. I’m okay with either angst or happy fix-it fic for them. Can be set anywhere in the canon timeline, or before, or even after.
- Anything about the people Elise | Alabama covered up before. I always thought she didn't come from a very happy family life, I'd be interested in reading about her family.
- Likewise, I also loved their relationship with the band, how did Didier meet them, what's their perspective on Elise's and Didiers relationship?
- Scenes from the music circuit, they seemed rather successful, did they do road trips? Only play on small festivals? Did they go outside Belgium?
- I don’t think AUs would work well here, but I am interested in Alternate Canons:
- what would have happened if they’d been Soulmates (ugh, they were),
- what if Elise had Synaesthesia,
- what if they’d been into a different music genre?
- Just general slice of life fic before Maybelle got sick, more renovations of the house, how their different temperaments would deal with those.
- FIX-IT FIC in which everybody lives happily ever after, ARGH
- Body worship. For both.
- I love Elise’s tattoos, anything featuring those would be awesome.
- Outdoorsy sex,
- Celebration of their new, renovated home sex. Inaugurating all the new furniture and spaces.
- I have a thing for slightly awkward sex where things go wrong, like breaking beds, things not working as expected, kids walking in. I like it when characters joke and laugh during sex when they’re comfortable enough with each other that it’s okay if awkward things happen.
- On the other side of the spectrum, there’s angsty trying to find comfort sex after Maybelle’s death.
De Toekomsttrilogie | The Futuretrilogy - Thea Beckman
Nu legde hij, oneindig teder, zijn wang tegen de hare.
"Elvira, je bent zo lief. Jouw warmte, jouw oneindige bezorgdheid voor de medemens, die wil ik niet missen. Toe, blijf...”
Who I requested: Any characters from the tag-set,
Preferred Relationships: Elvira/Tjalf and/or Christian/Thura, got prompts for other combos as well. No Incest please.
What I love about the canon: 80s Feminist Environmentalist Post-Apocalyptic sci-fi set in Greenland, what’s not to love?
Seriously these are the first sci-fi books I ever read, and I’ve loved them since. I love the straight up “men have screwed up ruling for 1000s of years, we’re giving ALL positions of power to women”. I love that this mentality gets questioned during the novels, and balanced out a bit, but that the base still remains.
I love all the hiking through nature, and waging war with the elements and nature.
I love that the love-interest is the first two books is an Inuit woman, who ROCKS, both as a captain, and later as a guerilla war strategist. I love that she’s still rocking as a great-grandmother in book 3. I love all the female friendships (the sisters in book 3 are so awesome).
20 years after first reading them I still read them on occasion, and I still love this series to death. I requested any, so feel free to write about any of the characters that were in the tag-set. I’m especially interested in the following relationships and interactions.
Christian/Thura: I love that he’s the soft and kind one, and she’s the hard and tough one and that those traits are exactly why they love each other. Never have I met a YA couple that were so aware of each others strengths and weaknesses, and loved each other more for them.
Christian & Tjalf: In canon Thura says that Christian was the person Tjalf most admired and wanted to be like, when he was very much like her instead. I’d love to see this play out since we only meet Tjalf by the time Christian has died, so we miss out on this.
Elvira/Tjalf: Fuck, these two. Honestly, I speed read book 3 just to get to the scene where he’s all, "Elvira don’t leave I can’t miss your kindness." Argh. I just really love how kindness is the most coveted and appreciated trait in these books. And I always found it so frustrating that we never got see them later in life, because culture clash!!
Elvira & Thura: all the young ladies learning from old ladies, please. I love the whole mentoring thing.
- Anything set outdoors. Hikes in the wild, romantic dates, family dates, just exploring Thule with two or more of the characters. The wildness and the working with nature rather than against it is one of the attractions to these books for me.
- Anything set between the two invasions. Christian and Thura with their (adult) children, traveling by ship, their preparations for the future invasion. How happy was their life?
- Anything between Tjalf and Christian, Tjalf being a bloodthirsty teenager with Christian trying to temper him. Just, the differences between their characters interest me massively, and I think an older and wiser Christian would be super cool.
- All the rebuilding fic after the third invasion. How do they reclaim their lands? Do the Badeners really stay away? Or do they break the treaty?
- Tjalf and Elvira building a life together, including all the culture clashes. Do the Badeners see her as a traitor forever? How do they raise their children? How do they even get together? Thulean romance practices, bring them to me. Especially since they both expect the other person to make a move. Seriously, Elvira/Tjalf romance where they both fail but power through because they assume it's a culture thing when really they're just faily.
Anything, seriously. Since this is a Dutch series that’s never been translated, feel free to write in Dutch (I’m from Belgium) if you’d find that easier, but English is definitely okay as well.
Porn Prompts: Dirtying up clean canons is half the fun, so go wild!
- All the first time fic, especially first times that aren’t fraught but a little clumsy and nice. Can be an actual first time, or just the first time trying something out.
- Outdoors sex, because hell yeah nature. Seriously, there's so much nature in these books, it deserves to be sexed in.
- Pegging because YES, for either pairing really. Tjalf totally seems like someone who’d ask for that himself. I think it’d be fun for Elvira to wrap her head around that and then embrace it. On a side note, how would Thuleans even do the dildo, since they don't have artificial materials? The Thulean history of the dildo and its use by the Konega family would be glorious.
Wolf in Night - Tara K. Harper
“What if you formed your own pack?”
Her gaze flicked back to him. “I don’t understand.”
“You’re running with your brother and uncle right now. The wolf can never be part of that because you have too much history among the three of you. What if you formed a new pack, new friends to ride with? He’d be part of those new bonds as they strengthened out of nothing. He would feel as if they were his pack, too.”
Who I requested: Condari Rahnbada neKeatus Brithanas, Noriana Ember maDion, let's call them Nori and Condari from now on ;)
Preferred Relationships: Condari/Nori
What I love about the canon: The wolfwalker series was my white whale bookseries for years. It took me over 15 years to get my hands on all the canon in the same language, and my craving for more never stopped. Especially because the last book is mostly a set-up for new events. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?
I love the nature and the adventures in the wild these books have. The rockclimbing, the traveling on dnu, the wildness of the environment. I ADORE the wolfwalking, telepathic animals were my thing as a teenager, and I never got over it when it comes to these books.
I love all the different counties and cultures and the fact that there’s nine moons and that those mess up the tides. I love that these books have always been about family and found families. I love the extremely convoluted politics, and that everybody is always playing at something. I love the hinted at history, and that there are actual aliens on this planet, who screw things up.
What happened next?
- Anything between Nori and her parents, how does Dion react now she knows that Nori is a wolfwalker? How does Rishte react to the rest of Nori’s family? How does he adapt to her actual life when she's not traveling?
- What Journey will Payne get? Will they solve the plague thing? What politics are actually playing? How do they deal with it?
- Will Nori eventually give Condari his shirt back? Will Condari manage to hire Nori as a scout?
- Rishte POV on everything, especially on the developing relationship between Nori and Condari.
- All the shapeshifters/aliens/knotting fic. We’re in space, there are canonical aliens around, there are canonical telepathic wolves around, go wild. Xeno, Consentacles. Knotting. Pegging. A combination of all of the above.
- How does Condari get his shirt back? The sexual tension is so high between these two, and Nori so obviously out of her depth with that, I kind of want to see it massively explode.
- Since there’s actual telepathic wolves involved, feel free to go the A/B/O thing if that is your thing, I don’t have a D/s vibe with them though.
- These two, and especially Nori, are so dignified about the whole romance and sex thing. Make it messy, make it a little faily, and on occasion embarrassing (though not intentional). 5 times Rishte walked in on them. 5 times Payne walked in on them.
Don Keefer: Yes.
Sloan Sabbith: Yes, what?
Don Keefer: Yes, I'd love having a gal pal with no commitment and tons of sex.
Sloan Sabbith: Great.
Don Keefer: Just not you.
Sloan Sabbith: What's wrong with me?
Don Keefer: Plenty, but I really like you anyway.
Sloan Sabbith: I'm not good at not being alone. It's what I'm used to.
Don Keefer: Let me know if you want to get good at it.
[He walks down the hall]
Sloan Sabbith: [to his back] The sex is good.
Don Keefer: Thank you.
Who I nominated: Don Keefer, Sloan Sabbith
Preferred Relationships: Don Keefer/Sloan Sabbith
What I love about the canon: There’s a lot that can be critiqued about this show, but when it was awesome it was really awesome, and as often with Sorkin, in the end it’s the characters that pulled me in and wrapped me around their fingers.
I cannot express how much I love Sloan Sabbith. She’s caring and kind, and fucking brilliant. She knows her value, and she’s not afraid to insist others value her like she deserves. Never have I cheered so hard as when Sloan said, Don’t call me girl, sir. Fuck yeah.
I also absolutely love Don. I love that he’s ambitious and not afraid to speak his mind to anyone, and that he’s not afraid to make the hard call. I love that he still manages to have a moral code, and doesn’t cross it, for anyone or anything, and is willing to walk into doors for it. I love how utterly bad he is at any and all relationships, so much so that his coping mechanisms are named after himself.
I love their relationship so much you have no idea. It’s one of the best friends to lovers stories I’ve seen because they truly become friends first, friends who support each other through some truly epic horrible stuff, friends who respect each others strengths and weaknesses and dreams for the future. I love how careful they went about it and how slow they took it, and yet once they got going how in tune they were. The I Love You test was brilliant. I want more of it.
- Anything set during the last season when they are figuring things out, first dates, first sex, seventh sex when they realize this might be a thing.
- Anything post-canon, moving in together, them being married (I’m not hugely into actual wedding fic though),
- Them going on a date to the Hamilton musical (Sloan would be WTF musical, and then all HAMILTON, let me dazzle you with geeky details about his financial plans - seriously, feel free to go full out geeky on me if that’s your persuasion).
- Case-fic with any events, although bear in mind I’m not American, so might need some actual News reporting on things to get the context. Just imagining Sloan deal with the candidacy of Donald Trump makes me kind of giddy (I’m not a fan, and I imagine Sloan wouldn’t be either).
- Meeting and dealing with any of each others family, I love this kind of fic.
THE SEX IS GOOD is canon, so bring it on. I imagine them having a varied and interesting sex life, simply because Sloan seems someone who would want to try out stuff just to see if she’d like it, and Don just wants to make her happy.
- Could definitely deal with occasional Domme Sloan, with enthusiastic consent by Don.
- All the first times of trying things out, with things that work and don’t work and lots and lots of laughter.
- Don safewording out and how they deal with that, because I think he’d not be used to having to, and he’d struggle a bit with it.
- I can also see all of this switched around.
- The laziest of lazy Sunday sex.
- Since the sex is good is apparently not standard fare for Sloan, I’d also love some fic dealing with all the bad sex she’s had in the past (not necessarily traumatic, just bad), and how things are different and better now.
Foreigner Series - C.J. Cherryh
“Well,” Bren said, “I shall not leave him, and he will not leave the people out there, and you for some reason a human can never understand will not leave me, so here we sit, one supposes, until the sun goes down, deeply appreciative of your analysis, Gini-ji, ever so appreciative.”
“Salads,” Algini said.
He had to laugh. He had to laugh aloud, touched to the heart.
“Extraordinary salads, Gini-ji.”Algini was a grim fellow. But he smiled, all the same. “Aiji-ma,” he said, not nandi. Not nand’ paidhi, not even Bren-ji. And one could hardly believe one had just heard that word. He supposed he stared at Algini for a second.
Who I nominated: Algini, Tano
Preferred RelationshipsAlgini/Tano or Algini & Tano, Background Algini & Tano & Bren/Jago & Banichi aka the Aishid is definitely welcome
What I love about the canon: Argh this series. I’ve loved it for a long time, because it’s so introspective and focuses so much on interspecies politics and social constructs and language. It's terrible because with every new installment I get swept up again and before I know I’ve reread 15 books for the umpteenth time and I’ve lost two weeks of productivity and sleep.
I love the politics, the machinations, EVERYTHING ABOUT THE ATEVI, the whole human/atevi interface, all the different kinds of human society.
But what does it most for me in these books is the evolution of Brens relationship with his Aishid. I cried when Tano hugged Bren when he left for Reunion. I cried so hard I had to stop reading when Algini first called Bren Aiji-ma (I was also seriously frustrated with Bren when he questioned Algini’s manchi in later books). Seriously, it’s all in little words and subtle gestures, and it gives me the biggest emotional punches ever.
I’ve requested Tano and Algini specifically because they’ve been more in the background lately, but I’m honestly into the whole aishid. Also, I ship Algini/Tano like burning, but if you would rather keep them platonic that’s also definitely fine, manchi isn’t necessarily different with or without sex.
- Any and all missing scenes from when the Aishid was split up. I'm especially interested in scenes about how Algini and Tano dealt with being so long apart from Bren during the Reunion plotline. Is this when they realized manchi had really formed? Or did it strain? How did it feel when he returned?
- Any and all scenes about their time before Bren. How did Tano and Algini meet? Did they fall in tune immediately or not? At first Algini only had manchii (officially) to Tano, how did that happen?
- Algini is seriously such a mystery, anything about his youth, or rising in the Guilds ranking. How did Algini become who he was in the Guild?
- How did Tano end up with the Guild, since of all Brens aishid, he seems to be the only one who still has some kind of manchii towards his family?
- How do Atevi relationships work, within the same manchi, or out of it, and how did and do Tano and Algini make it work?
- Any kind of Xeno porn, seriously. Knotting, Tentacles, Double Penetration. We know nothing about Atevi anatomy, so feel absolutely free to go absolutely wild.
- 'Fuck yeah, you're alive porn'. Hard and heavy and angsty, or more celebratory horny, or both.
- Hurt/comfort, either one being hurt in action, the partner taking care of them, and making them feel good through sex.
- First Time sex, as an outburst of manchi, or after a fraught violent confrontation that they both survived, or simply because they were bored the year in space and had a sort of friends with benefits situation. Who seduced who? How does Atevi seduction even work?
- Outdoors sex, because fuck it, the nature in these books is fucking great and wild, and deserves to be admired when bullets aren't flying around ones head.
- Making sex work in the space station, Atevi vs. cramped human spaces in space, the porn edition.
- Atevi Sex Toys and their creative use by two Guildsmen