Dear Yuletide Author,
I’m looking forward to your gift immensely! Yuletide is one of my fandom year highlights, so I’m stupidly excited. I’ve written the following letter as a sort of buffet so you can pick and select whatever catches your fancy and write something we’ll both enjoy.
I’m a firm believer in Optional Details are Optional, so as long as you respect my few DNWs it’s going to be great!
I can be found on AO3 as pameluke, on imzy as Pameluke at Jan Hits The Fan and on tumblr as janoda,
Please no references, even implied or offhand, to anything terrorism related, civilians dying, or bombs. Thank you.
Regarding violence and other possible triggering things, if it happens to characters in canon, I can deal with it happening to them in fic. Basically, I can deal with everything as long as it at the same intensity level of canon.
- No Requested Characters Doing Non-Con
- No Power Imbalance between requested characters, so if Under Influence (alcohol, drugs, Heats, Sex-Pollen… I prefer ALL of them to be Under Influence)
- No Underage
- No Violence Between Characters I’ve requested
- No Character Death (with characters who die in canon, either set the story before they die, or make it an X Lives AU)
- No Humiliation
- No Infantilisation, please don’t describe adults as boys or girls
- No Scat
Otherwise, I’m game. The rating can be as high or low as you want, as long as it’s consensual I’m okay with any kink, and the fouler the language the better.
GENERAL LIKES, TROPES, AND AUs
I love canon fic, slice of life fic, expansion on world building, adventures in nature, food and cooking related fic, loyalty kink, competence kink, hurt-comfort, found families, random domesticity and slice of life fic.
I love fic in which a relationship is explored, and don’t mind if that’s the main plot. I can deal with angst, but I’d like to have some kind of happy resolution at the end, even if it’s Happy For Now.
I’d prefer all fic to be set in their respective Canons, but I definitely love Alternate Canons and Canon Divergences. I’m very big on a lot of tropes. I love tropes. Seriously, give me all the fandom cliches, I gobble them up. I especially love inversions and subversions, or just played straight. Some of my favorites:
- Soulbonds, in all forms, with marks or no marks, with relationships between the actual bonds or out of them, telepathic powers, or only bad side-effects.
- Fake relationships that turn real. In all forms. For all reasons
- Living by the Nile, or “What feelings? Me? No Way, Good Sir, Never (I love you)”
- Awkward Flirting and Awkward Sex
- Competent People and the People who fall for them, all the Competence Kink, seriously
- N Times Characters Did A Thing
- Marriage/Relationship of Convenience, turned REAL
- Interspecies Relationships, especially when there’s lots of cultural differences
GENERAL PORN KINKS & LIKES
General Things I like for all pairings and fandoms I’ve requested.
- Enthusiastic consent, this is my biggest kink always
- Anal Sex, Vaginal Sex, Oral Sex, Non-Penetrative Sex, Cunnilingus, Blow Jobs, Rimming, Fingerfucking
- Awkward Sex, Awkward Sexual Situations, especially if there’s a lot of laughter during sex
- Biting, Claiming Bites, Marking
- Body Worship
- Desperate Arousal/Sexual Frustration, Desperate Sex
- Floor Sex, Wall Sex, Table Sex
- Lazy/Gentle Sex, Comfort Sex
- Manhandling/Shows of Athleticism During Sex
- Outdoor Sex, Sex in Nature
- Pegging, Sex Toys
- Reunion Sex
- Something Made Them Do It (All of them)
- Wet & Messy
In general, I like narrative sex and a little plot with my porn. I love character introspection, character development, and relationship development through sex. For me, sex is both about the pleasure people can derive from each other and about the emotional connection that can be made.
Everything is hotter when emotions are involved.
You can ignore everything that’s not to your liking or doesn’t inspire you. On to the fandom-specific stuff, YAY.
Why I love this canon: I love the magic system, the worldbuilding, and the amazing character development almost all characters go through. I love the snark, the found family aspects, and I’m deeply invested in all canon relationships. It’s one of those series where I’ve actually yelled at characters for making hard choices I disagreed with, and yet loved them even more for it. I’m completely caught up with all novellas and the latest book, which sky-rocketed my emotional enjoyment to new levels.
Who I requested: Barabas Gilliam, Christopher Steed
Why I Love Them:
- Barabas Gilliam: I’ve liked him since he started as one of Kate’s dedicated Bouda’s, but I think I really fell in love with him when he came to Andrea’s rescue like an Avenging Angel Lawyer of Doom. What a crowning moment of awesome. I love that’s he as fiery as his hair, but also calculated and observing and great at lawyering. I love how he always falls for emotionally unavailable people, knows it, and yet repeats his mistake all over again. I love how he avoids his own problems by helping other people with theirs. He’s so human, weremongoose or not.
- Christopher Steed: He was always a bit of a mystery, because his mind was so fucked up, but I loved how he managed to be kind and generous despite that. Him being the one to make the panacea was such a twist, I’m still in awe of that. And now, with the whole Deimos thing and him turning out to have been Roland’s right hand… So much possibilities! I love how these books let people redeem themselves, and I’m hoping that’ll be the case for Christopher as well.
- Barabas/Christopher: I shipped them from the moment Barabas pulled Christopher from his cage and Christopher thought he was an angel. I love how caring for Christopher centered Barabas in a way, and I love how Barabas panicked completely once Christopher fixed his brains and threw feelings in the mix. Christopher saying “I love him” nearly killed me, seriously.
- I love the scene where Barabas is all “I don’t need to see him in a suit” because Christopher will be irrestistable, and I assume he wants to figure out his feelings first. I’d love fic where Barabas Sees Christopher In A Suit. I’m assuming that happened on Kate’s wedding anyway, but any other occasion is fine too. Just Barabas and Christopher getting together and facing their feelings through the power of suit-porn.
- It’s really cliché, but argh I’m so here for the healing power of love. They both have a bunch of issues, and both could use someone to just love them and take care of them, do genuinely nice things just because. I think they could be so good for one another, in a slow burn, tender, careful kind of way. (If you want to throw some Healing Cocks in there, I’m super game too)
- I love their relationship with food, Barabas making sure Christopher eats at all, Christopher helping out in the kitchen because Barabas is a terrible cook. Now that they’re both in a better place, I’d love those aspects thrown together with the shapeshifter courting traditions. What to weremongoose even do to show their affection?
- Them getting to terms with the fact that Christopher was indeed the Right Hand to an Evil Overlord, had ambitions, was the best Vampire pilot of his generation… He has regrets and while Kate is fine with Christopher being a new person, I think Barabas might need some time to wrap his head around that.
- Barabas having to come to Christopher’s rescue being all lawyery and competent, and Christopher being equally awed by Barabas’ brilliance as Barabas is in awe of Christopher’s genius.
- If you’re in the mood to write some smut, feel free! I think they’d be prime candidates for THANK FUCK YOU’RE ALIVE, LET’S FUCK sex, to only afterwards deal with their feelings.
DE TOEKOMSTTRILOGIE | THE FUTURE TRILOGY - THEA BECKMAN
What I love about the canon: 80s Feminist Environmentalist Post-Apocalyptic sci-fi set in Greenland, what’s not to love? Seriously these are the sci-fi books I ever read, and I’ve loved them since. I love the straight up “men have screwed up ruling for 1000s of years, we’re giving ALL positions of power to women”. I love that this mentality gets questioned during the novels, and balanced out a bit, but that the base still remains. I love all the hiking through nature, and waging war with the elements and nature. I love that the love-interest is the first two books is an Inuit woman, who ROCKS, both as a captain, and later as a guerilla war strategist . I love that she’s still rocking as a great-grandmother in book 3. I love all the female friendships (the sisters in book 3 are so awesome).
20 years after first reading them I still read them on occasion, and I still love this series to death.
Who I requested: I requested Any since I’m interested in everyone in the tagset, so: Christian,Thura, Elvira,Tjalf
Why I love them:
- Christian: I love how he’s this idealist dreamer that comes from a position of privilege, but actually learns to be better. I love how his most prominent characterisation is kindness, and he never, ever loses that. I love how much he loves Thura, and is willing to fight for that.
- Thura: I love how she’s a pragmatist and a realist, and falls in love with the exact opposite. I loves how much she loves her country, the people in it, and is willing to take hard decisions to protect them all. I love how ruthless she is, and yet how careful she is with her heart.
- Elvira: I love how she starts out as a somewhat naive and idealist girl, and then doggedly holds on to her idealism no matter what the Thulenians throw at her. I love that while she falls in love with Thule, she does keep the fate of the Badeners in the back of her mind. I love how she thinks most like a Badener when she thinks about herself, it makes her so human.
- Tjalf: Grim, kick-ass Tjalf. I had such a crush on him as a teenager, gosh. I love him because he pretends to be hard and ruthless, but can’t keep it up because he’s also Thuleen. I love how he falls for Elvira’s kindness, and yet is completely blind to the fact that she thinks she needs to leave.
I’m especially interested in the following relationships:
- Christian/Thura: I love that he’s the soft and kind one, and she’s the hard and tough one, and that those traits are exactly why they love each other. Never have I met a YA couple that were so aware of each others strengths and weaknesses, and loved each other more for them.
- Christian & Tjalf: In canon Thura says that Christian was the person Tjalf most admired and wanted to be like, when he was very much like her. I’d love to see this play out, since we only meet Tjalf by the time Christian has died, so we miss out on this.
- Elvira/Tjalf. Fuck, these two. Honestly, I speedread book 3 just to get to the scene where he’s all, Elvira don’t leave I can’t miss your kindness. Argh. I just really love how kindness is the most coveted and appreciated trait in these books. And I always found it so frustrating that we never got see them later in life, because culture clash!!
- Elvira & Thura, all the young ladies learning from old ladies please. I love the whole mentoring thing. Especially moments where Elvira isn’t afraid to stand up against Thura, who only appreciates her more for it.
- Anything. Hikes in the wild, romantic dates, family dates, just exploring Thule with two or more of the characters. The country is a much a character as the actual characters, so an exploration of that would be awesome.
- Anything set between the two invasions. Christian and Thura with their (adult) children, traveling by ship, their preparations for the future invasion. Anything between Tjalf and Christian, Tjalf being a bloodthirsty teenager with Christian trying to temper him.
- All the rebuilding fic after the third invasion. Tjalf and Elvira building a life together, including all the culture clashes.
- All the first time fic, especially first times that aren’t fraught but a little clumsy and nice.
- Outdoors sex, because hell yeah nature.
- Pegging because YES, and also Tjalf seems like someone who’d ask for that himself. I think it’d be fun for Elvira to wrap her head around that and then fully embrace it. Thulean sex toys seems like something worthwhile to explore in general.
Anything, seriously. Since this is a Dutch series that’s never been translated, feel free to write in Dutch (I’m from Belgium) if you’d find that easier, but English is definitely okay as well.
WOLF IN NIGHT - TARA K. HARPER
What I love about the canon: I love the nature and the adventures in the wild these books have. The rockclimbing, the traveling on dnu, the wildness of the environment. I ADORE the wolfwalking, telepathic animals were my thing as a teenager, and I never got over it when it came to these books.
I love all the different counties and cultures and the fact that there’s nine moons and that those mess up the tides. I love that these books have always been about family and found families. I love the extremely convoluted politics, and that everybody is always playing at something. I love the hinted at history, and that there are actual aliens on this planet, who screw things up.
Who I requested: Condari Rahnbada neKeatus Brithanas, Noriana Ember maDione
Why I love them:
- Nori: I love her loyalty to her family, both by blood and by choice, and how she struggles now that she needs to calculate Rishte into her loyalties. I love her struggle with the alien inside her head, and the expectations put upon her. She’s many things for many people, but I always felt the book set her up for finding out who she wanted to be for herself. I love her relationship with her brother as well, supportive siblings are my weakness.
- Condari: I love how he’s built out of contradictions. Rich and spoiled and comfortable, yet totally willing to do his own dirty work, or hiking through the woods. I like how he’s obviously interested in Nori, and while pursuing her rather determently, still always respects her boundaries.
- I love, love, love the sexual tension between these two. Their backgrounds are so different, and their goals only seldom truly line up, but the tension and attraction and respect is so palpatable between them. This book so obviously set things up for Things to happen, and then it stopped. I WANT MORE. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Anything between Nori and her parents, how does Dione react now she knows that Nori is a wolfwalker? How does Rishte react to the rest of Nori’s family? How does he adapt to her actual life when she's not traveling?
- Will Nori eventually give Condari his shirt back? Will Condari manage to hire Nori as a scout? The politics of this series are so complicated and convoluted, I’d love something that ran with that, and made sense of everything that was set-up in the Wolf in Night Book.
- The sexual tension between these two is so palpatable, at some point in their future together it is so going to break. Possibly at the worst possibly moment. Ideally somewhere in the wilderness, so they can roll through the leaves, pin each other against trees and destroy some bushes in the process.
- Obviously the telepathic wolves are canon, but I wouldn’t mind an AU where either one of them is some kind of animal shifter. Cue even more animalistic desires. Non-Human Genitalia only make things more interesting, so Heats, Knotting, Scent Marking, Claiming Bites and other things can all be part of this.
- The world has a lot of weird and complicated social structures, so I would like to read about them getting married (either established relationship, or arranged marriage for political reasons), and that involving Ritual Sex. There’s the whole canon thing of having stones grafted on the breastbones, so I feel like Public Ritual Sex wouldn’t be that far off.
- Rishte ‘accidentally’ connecting Nori and Condari telepathically while they’re fantasizing about each other, which only adds to their sexual tension. I really like Condari’s idea of forming a pack of their own, but navigating that and managing some privacy for sex seems like an impossible task.
- Another possible scenario for the UST to break would be sparring turning into sex. Have them playfight, train, be all sweaty and filled with adrenaline, and BOOM Condari’s nice clothes get shredded. Twice, because obviously Nori was wearing his shirt.
HIT THE FLOOR
What I love about the canon: What don’t I love about this show? Seriously, this show totally stole my heart with a vengeance. It’s got great dancers, SO MUCH SCHEMING BY EVERYONE, and a bisexual athlete coming out by kissing his boyfriend ON COURT. And it only got better!
Who I requested: Jude Kinkade, Zero
What I love about them:
- Jude Kinkade: I love him so much, in all his ambitious, scheming, all-in or out glory. He just so ruthlessly goes for what he wants, and he never settles for less. Even with his dad, he didn't settle, it was more that he expected that kind of behavior from parental figures (and I love how he eventually dealt with Oscar). I loved how on top of he was in the whole Who Gets The Devils feud, and I'm so thrilled he gets to keep his job.
- Zero: ‘I don’t do relationships’ and then proceeds to have ZERO chill in the having of a relationship. I love him so much. Like Jude, he’s all morally grey and ruthless and mostly in it for himself, and I love how that changes once he starts the thing with Jude, but mostly in that it’s not only about himself anymore, he remains ruthless and scheming. I loved that we got more of his background, and how he came to be who he is. And I’ll never be over the fact he’s a bisexual pro athlete (two play-off rings!) who came out while kissing someone on court. The bravery!
- Jude/Zero: I love Jude and Zero so much, and I love their whole relationship. I love that they are both schemers and playing to win, and I love that once they get involved they always have each others back. (“I think about you first all the time” - KILL ME NOW). I love that Zero accidentally moved in, I love that they are so open about their feelings, and I love, love, love that they have absolutely no chill when it comes to one another. Jude realizes he’s gay and absolutely runs with, aiming for a respectful relationship from the get go. Zero realizes he apparently does do relationships - boom, he moves in, buys a house to renovate together, and plays the wifey in Jude’s plans.
I’d prefer a fic focused on them, but feel free to do cameo’s with any of the other characters. I really loathe Pete, so please avoid him. I also genuinely love and respect Jelena, so please don’t character-bash her.
- Growing up. Jude’s relationship with his mother is a mystery to me, she must have been a strong woman to walk away from Oscar and take her kid, but I’m not sure that helped them having a good relationship? He never mentions her, so I’m curious about that.
- Likewise Zero and his sister. Super curious about their relationship as kids, and honestly super curious about them meeting each other now. I loved that Zero’s sister was doing well, I’d love to read fic where she finds him, so it’s her own choice, and they get to have some kind of sibling relationship.
- Renovation Shenanigans! Lets be honest, renovating is a huge relationship test for everyone, let alone for two people who have no idea how normal relationships work, nor with any renovating skills whatsoever. Give me stupid arguments about how many bathrooms they need, about how they want to organise their kitchen, anything. Followed by all the make-up sex, obviously.
- Meet the family fic. Like I said earlier, I am super curious about Jude’s mom, and I’d love to read about her and how she deals with Jude being gay, and with Zero, who on the outside doesn’t look like boyfriend material. Also Zero playing the role of good son-in-law when Jude just wants him to be himself.
- I’d love accidental dating fic from the period when they were still friends-with-benefits. I’m pretty sure they both knew what was going on long before Jude brought it up, so I’d love fic that deals with them forcing themselves to remain denial.
- It’s canon that they love sex, and I always loved that Jude went from “huh, I’m gay” to “let’s have all the friends with benefits-sex”. I like to think that neither of them is afraid to try out new things, so give me all the awesome, occasionally awkward, ooh I didn’t know that was a kink, adventures of Jude and Zero in bed. I love how much they laugh together, and have fun, and would like to see that translated in their sex-life.
KING ARTHUR (2004)
What I love about canon: I really love the whole Sarmatian Auxiliary to the Roman army angle of King Arthur. 15 years of fighting in a war that is not yours, in a country that isn’t yours, for a country that is not yours. I love the easy friendship between all the knights, but also how very different they look upon their time in Britain. So much drama and fucked-upness right there.
Who I requested: Bors, Dagonet, Vanora, aka the Sarmatian Threesome of my heart.
Why I love them:
- Bors: I love his joy in life, how he’s loud and unashamed and possibly a little bit of an actual boar. I love how obviously affectuous he is with those he loves. I love his plans and dreams for the future, how he’s pragmatic, and wants to stay.
- Dagonet: I have a weakness for the quiet, silent types with deep waters, and that fits Dagonet to a T. I love how he’s always looking on, and how the few times he speaks, his opinion is the one that shakes the balance. I love how he cares for Lucan, and how he’s so obviously a big softie.
- Vanora: Someone who raises 12 kids with a man like Bors, who’ll probably die on the battlefield, asks for a certain kind of willpower I really admire.
- Bors/Dagonet/Vanora: There’s this moment relatively early in the movie, when Vanora sings, and Bors and Dagonet share a look, and every time I get fucking emotional about it. They just want to go home, but the Romans fuck them over, and then Dagonet sacrifices himself and I drown in tears. I love the obvious affection Bors feels for both Vanora and Dagonet, I love how Dagonet is this mountain of silent, but deep feelings, and I love how Vanora is possibly the only sensible person in that whole castle. I have a mighty need for the three of them to LIVE happily ever after. Fuck, they’d be hot, and awesome and glorious together. DAGONET LIVES!!!
- I have a theory that obviously Bors’ 12 children are at least 50% strays Dagonet picked up. I’d love a slice of life type fic, where the three (try to) find an escape from the daily chaos of raising 12 children to get laid. Extra kudos if there’s a couple of awkward walk-ins and some failed attempts because sudden interruption. Sex in the outdoors seems like one possible solution to this problem.
- I did love all the fighting scenes a lot, and angsty fic when someone gets wounded, and the other two comfort them and each other would be delicious. Without the angst I’d also love Post-Battle victory sex, Thank Fuck We’re Alive sex and Dammit, Looking at you fight makes me really horny sex. Could also be Post-Training sex, because I imagine Vanora to be an interested spectator whenever Bors and Dagonet spar. I’m convinced they’d have competitions between them to have the honor of eating Vanora out that evening.
- I really like seduction fic, so a story of how two of them seduce the third would be totally my jam.
- I’d love a Soulbond AU, or an Animal Shifter AU, or both. Especially if there’d be cultural differences between the Britons and Sarmatians in how was dealth with this. It’s be super cool if the Sarmatian tattoo practice could be incorporated in this, with bonus points for small differences playing between Bors and Dagonet as well.
- I love the physicality of this canon, there’s all the fighting of course, but these three are also so very affectuous with each other, I like to think that carries over to their sex-life. All the manhandling, rolling around, struggling for being on top. I like to think Vanora makes up for her lack of physical strength (in comparison) with the strength of her personality.
- I’d really like to know more about Vanora in general. The possibilities are all so intriguing. What we know is that she’s kind and caring and raising 11 kids. Since she’s relatively young, I always assume a couple of those at least are adopted. She sings about Home and it’s implied she’s singing about Sarmatia, but since we don’t see any girls being displaced by the Romans, I think that she’s the daughter of a former Sarmatian knight with a British woman. Which I love because Culture Clash! And fuck it, a woman raising that many kids deserves two men to help her.
- There’s also Bors idea of settling in Britain, which I love, because again, culture clash, and also Bors is just such a soldier, the idea of him trying his hand at farming cracks me up. But I also imagine them all going back to Sarmatia, and like trying to settle in a life there that they lost a long time ago, because when you spent such a formative part of your youth away from your culture, it’s bound to feel alien. Speaking of Sarmatia, apparently they were known for having Warrior Women, so a fic where Vanora’s kind but bossy nature is what attracts them to her would be lovely.
- This can all be established relationship, or them getting together, either with something already being there between two of them (Bors/Vanora, or Bors/Dagonet) and the third one balancing it all out. The Romancing and Seduction of one Silent Stoic Soldier called Dagonet, by means of Stray Children, Foul Language and Excellent Sex, by Vanora, with annotations by Bors, would be glorious.